Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Santa Barbara Association of REALTORS®. Some key member benefits include:
- Automatic membership in the California Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®
- Use of the “REALTOR®” designation
- Access to zipForms, legal advice, health insurance, education courses and seminars
- The opportunity to serve on committees, attend Association-sponsored events, and network with your peers
A Broker joins the Association as a “Designated REALTOR®” and must be the company’s sole proprietor, partner, corporate officer, or branch office manager acting on behalf of a principal. The Designated REALTOR® is accountable to the Association for all duties and obligations of Association membership and must have the authority to bind the company in arbitration.
Brokers are also assessed NAR & CAR dues times the number of non-member salespersons, if any, in their office.The Association will bill the agents directly as a courtesy, but ultimately the Broker is responsible for the payment of those dues.
Annual Association Dues (including State and National Dues): $619.00
Dues owed at the time of joining are prorated monthly and include an application and processing fee.
The Santa Barbara Association of REALTORS® and the Santa Barbara Multiple Listing Service, Inc. are two separate organizations. The MLS is the organization that provides information regarding property sales in the Santa Barbara service area.
Semi-Annual MLS Dues: $275
Dues owed at the time of joining are prorated weekly and include an application and office participation fee.
*If joining during the billing period, continuing membership fees for the next 6 months will be applied.
A broker may apply for one or both of the above using our application, by indicating via checkbox whether they are requesting to join the Association and/or participate in the MLS. Please download the application and fill it out to the best of your ability. Incomplete applications will NOT be processed.
At the time of submission, we also need to see the following;
- Drivers License of the applicant (image or scan due to COVID-19 closures)
- Letter of Good Standing; For secondary REALTOR® applicants and Association transfers
- MLS-Non Use; For REALTOR® applicants who do not want to subscribe to the MLS
- Method of Payment for dues/fees; all are due upfront. (We do not take Discover)
You may fax, email, or bring in your application to our physical location. Please allow 2-3 business days for application processing.