Welcome to the Santa Barbara Association of REALTORS® and the Santa Barbara Multiple Listing Service, Inc., representing professionals from all real estate specialties including residential sales, commercial sales, development, property management and appraisals in the Gaviota to Carpinteria service area.
The Santa Barbara Association of REALTORS® is dedicated to enhancing our members’ ability to conduct their real estate business by providing education, tools, and resources. We promote ethical standards and a spirit of cooperation within a professional, competitive environment. We engage in real estate-related community issues affecting our members and/or their clients.
Become a Member
1) Select the membership type you are interested in:
Broker- You have a brokers license and will do business under your own office.
Agent- You hang your license with a brokerage, and do business under the broker of record for that office.
Affiliate- You represent a real estate-related company or individual that would like to network with our REALTOR® members.
Associate Affiliate- You represent a real estate-related company or individual, joining in the same office as an existing Affiliate member.
Appraiser- Appraisers must hold a valid California appraiser certification or license, and must be a principal, partner, corporate officer, or branch office manager acting on a behalf of a principal.
- Clerical User - You are an unlicensed assistant or administrator that needs access to the MLS to assist a sales agent and perform only administrative and clerical tasks that do not require a real estate license or an appraiser's certificate or license. See the Clerical User Guidelines here.
2) Download, sign, and return the appropriate membership application to email@example.com or call the Membership Manager at (805) 884-8613 if you have any questions. Applications must be filled out accurately and legibly, with all names and signatures included.
- If you plan on using the MLS system to enter your own listings, you will also need a Broker Load Agreement to be signed and returned to us.
3) When we have verified your paperwork, you will be contacted for payment and the account will be processed. We are able to take checks, cash, and all major credits cards, except Discover. All dues and fees are required at this time, and will be prorated depending on your membership status and time of the year.
- Membership Applications may take 2-4 business days to process, especially during the billing period.
- After payment you will be emailed your username and logon information for the memberships and services you have signed up for.
- Payment for SentriLock services are not part of the MLS membership. You will need to come to the Association Monday- Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm to be set up and pay for a SentriLock key account. An account may take overnight to fully activate, but access is available same day. Please see the SentriLock info page for more details.